Should a person get breast radiation treatments even with a history of past lung problems?

Should be fine. Modern techniques use pretty sophisticated software to minimize any collateral radiation exposure to the healthy tissues nearby especially the lung and the heart in the case of breast radiation. Internal RT or brachytherapy may also be a good option if the cancer is detected in an early stage. This targeted treatment is done in 5 days and can often spare more normal tissues.
Probably. Radiation is tailored to the problem and special beams will avoid the lung tissue.