Is radiation therapy necessary when I have early stage of breast cancer with all clear margins?

Yes! There is nothing that makes a surgeon more uncomfortable after a lumpectomy than hearing the question: "did you get it all?" cancer is very humbling and it's growth is not completely predictable. While our margins may be "clear", we know many women will return with cancer at this lumpectomy site within 2-3 years unless radiation therapy is given. With rare exception, radiation rx is necessary.
Radiation,don't know. I do agree with dr. Ho, with the exception of triple negative breast cancertnbc is neg for estrogen, progesterone, her2 receptors because of this there is not a direct chemo treatment. Also this type of breast ca -about 15% of breast cancers-is usually not very sensitive to radiation therapy it is quite responsive to chemotherapy (non-hormonal) . If you are "autoimmune" rads may not work well.
Adjuvant radiation. For early stage of breast cancer-when a breast sparing surgery-i.e. Lumpectomy is able to be done with clear margins- postsurgical radiation therapy is recommended to reduce risk for local recurrence to the affected breast. So, the asnwer is yes, it is necessary.