Why is breast cancer awareness more common than other common cancers?

Common + women. Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women. Additionally, there has been a huge push from several national organizations as well as women's groups to increase awareness and to increase mammography usage.
Many survivors! Breast cancer is a very common cancer in the United States. At the same time, the cure rates for early stage disease are quite high. Thus there are many breast cancer survivors who work to promote awareness. These survivors often help other cancer patients as well.