Thermogram result--may have cancer. What else can it be besides cance?

Dr. Herbert Duvivier
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Non-cancer condition
I will assume you are speaking of thermography of the breast.
The thermogram locates areas of increased heat. This is felt to be due to increased blood flow in the area and this is presumed to be due to cancer. However, increased blood flow can also be seen in trauma, inflammation and infections. Recommend you get a mammogram as this is the gold standard.

In brief: Non-cancer condition
Dr. Herbert Duvivier
Dr. Herbert Duvivier
Dr. Andrew Lipton
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Pos. thermal reading
Change in temperature patterns on the surface of the body can indicate underlying disease, like cancer, but thermograms are not specific and it could be due to many factors including localized infection( a pimple) and acute muscle or joint injury.

In brief: Pos. thermal reading
Dr. Andrew Lipton
Dr. Andrew Lipton
Dr. Adam Smith