My children are constipated constantly, 1 & 3. I add benfiber milk and it seems to help some. Both were on soy as baby, help?

In brief: Hard age to work wth
Constipation occurs if digestive debris moves too slowly thru the gut, has excessive moisture extracted &/or the kid decides to skip poos.
Foods like apples, pasta, breads slow transit while juices speed it.Most parents stop rx too soon.Fiber or MiraLAX (polyethylene glycol) taken daily are fine for months at a time.A simple rx rule is to rx for twice the duration of the pbm.Recurrence is common until kid decides to help.

In brief: Hard age to work wth
3 comments
Dr. Johanna Fricke
If they're cow's milk now, limit milk & milk products to 16-21 oz./day.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Cindy Juster