How does an insulin pump treat type 2 diabetes?

Very well. An Insulin pump works by delivering a steady rate of Insulin into your system. As you eat, you can give yourself periodic boluses of insulin, similar to the injections you would normally give yourself. Generally the pump is thought to give better control than individual injections. However, you still have to do your part by eating right and exercising.
Provides insulin. Some type 2 diabetics can achieve control with just diet, some with pills and some with insulin. If your type 2 diabetes requires Insulin for glucose control, a pump is an excellent way of achieving it.