After swimming, I have water in my ear. Been there for 3 days. Tried sleeping with concerned ear facing down. It doesn't hurt. Should I do something?

Dr. Pamela Asseff
Dentistry

In brief: Alcohol

Try soaking a cotton ball in alcohol, then squeeze excess in ear.
This alcohol should dry up the water. Stagnant water can creat an environment that encourages swimmers ear to develop. The alcohol should prevent the swimmers ear from developing.

In brief: Alcohol

Dr. Pamela Asseff
Dr. Pamela Asseff
Dr. Michael Jaindl
You may have a wax debris build up in the canal that absorbed some of the water and blocked your canal. If you are sure that there is no hole in the eardrum you can try OTC ear wax removers such as Debrox and Ceruminex.
Dr. Vance Harris

In brief: Get wax out

If you still feel water or hear it slosh then you probably have an ear full of wax holding the water behind it.
Get some ear wax drops and use them for 3 days or till cleared. If it isn't better see your doctor.

In brief: Get wax out

Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Jane Van Dis