I recently asked a doctor to test me for candida albicans because I had all of the symptoms except one or two. He said i'm crazy...Help ?

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Lab test

There is a laboratory called the great plains that tests urine for yeast infection.
Yeast infections are common and the hq of the infection is in the bowel. The yeast ferments sugar and produces arabinose and/or tartaric acid. These are absorbed into the blood and excreted in urine. Your dr. Has to order it so find one that knows about this.

In brief: Lab test

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Kevin Considine

In brief: No

I think there is a lot of misunderstanding here.
There are many health practioners that feel that candida causes a lot of health ailments and feel that there should be wide spread testing of stool etc. Unless you are having significant symptoms you shouldn't need to "test" for this. If you have widespread candida in your symptom that points to more of an underlying immune problem perhaps?

In brief: No

Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Kevin Considine
It might be a good idea to go back to your doctor and see if there are other possibilities to explain your symptoms.
Dr. Jane Van Dis