Tired. I have a hemolytic condition, retic count 4.6. But hgn not bad, 12.6. Hemolysis making me tired even though making new rbcs?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: What is the cause?

The most important thing is to know what is the cause of hemolysis- rheumatoid problem vs cancer vs drugs vs pnh vs other cause etc? I am sure you have been seen by a hematologist.
If you dont, you should see one. Also, make sure your md check your iron level, vitamin B12 , folate (folic acid) level and replace them accordingly along with whatever therapy you receive for your hemolysis. Discuss with your md.

In brief: What is the cause?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Hemolytic anemia

A hemolytic anemia is one where some agent, like antibodies against your red blood cells, or g6pd deficiency, cuases your red blooc cells to dissolve.
Usually the only symptom is fatigue if your blood count goes too low. At 12.6, you should not be having fatigue. What kind of hemolytic anemia is it? If it is auto-immune, you may have antibodies against other sites-thyroid, liver, etc.

In brief: Hemolytic anemia

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr