Why is tramadol so beneficial in people with chronic fatigue syndrome for more than just pain? It helps me so much with energy as well.

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Pain Management

In brief: Unknown

I would have to speculate on the answer to this question since tramadol generally causes sedation.
Two possible reasons are: constant pain is fatigueing so pain relief may increase energy level. Also opiates have a stimulating effect in some people. Taken in large doses, tramadol can produce euphoria. This is not recommended as this is the first step in developing an addiction to the drug.

In brief: Unknown

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Usually does not

Never saw benefit with it before and it is quite caustic to the stomach.
However, power of positive thinking may produce improvement.

In brief: Usually does not

Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Dr. Vikram Patel