I'm 12 weeks pregnant and Claritin (loratadine) is not touching me. history of premature membrane rupture at 27 weeks, what allergy meds can I take?

Dr. Andrew Murphy
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Several options
For pregnant patients with allergic rhinitis there are several options that start with the most benign to those that are cat b in pregnancy ( which means as best as we can tell the med is safe).
Nasal saline then otc Nasalcrom and then nasal steroids ( only those that are cat b in pregnancy).

In brief: Several options
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Paige Gutheil
In brief: Ask
Always best to ask, but usually Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is allowed by OB doctors.
There are also prescription nasal sprays that are available.

In brief: Ask
Dr. Paige Gutheil
Dr. Paige Gutheil
Dr. Arnon Rubin