How do I know when I ovulate? I get my period every 25th of the month.. Am regular. My period lasts for about 3-5 days.

Dr. Andrew Silverman
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Confirm ovulaton
To know for sure if you ovulate you either have to conceive or recover an egg from the uterus.
All other tests are suggestive such as lh testing, sonograms, serum Progesterone or endometrial bx, but do not absolutely confirm ovulation.

In brief: Confirm ovulaton
Dr. Andrew Silverman
Dr. Andrew Silverman
In brief: 14 days before mense
When regularly cycling, ovulation occurs 14 days before the period starts.
In your case, that would be the 11th of the month. To verify this, you could purchase ovulation indicators which can pinpoint ovulation within 12 to 24 hours. Signs of ovulation also include increased sticky fertile cervical mucous or a twinge in the side.

In brief: 14 days before mense
Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Dr. Miguel Cano
In brief: Check LH
Most women notice a watery mucousy vaginal discharge when they ovulate.
Some notice mild pelvic discomfort with ovulation but the most accurate way is to check your urine lh with a test kit. They're easy to do and the instructions guide you on when to test. Normally, for you, start checking on day 14-16 of your cycle or the 10th day of the month, assuming you're not on ocps? Right?

In brief: Check LH
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham