Can I get pregnant 7 days before my period?

Dr. Shiao-Yu Lee
Gynecology

Regular ovulation occurs 14 days before a 28-day period, so one would not get pregnant 7 days before the period.
If, for whatever reason, the ovulation is delayed by 7 or more days, then pregnancy is possible. When you miss your period, do a pregnancy test. If it's negative, repeat 1 and 2 weeks later.

Dr. Shiao-Yu Lee
Dr. Shiao-Yu Lee
Dr. Shiao-Yu Lee
Gynecology

Regular ovulation occurs 14 days before the period, so one doesn't get pregnant 7 days before the period.
But, for a number of reasons, if the ovulation is delayed for 7 or more days, one can get pregnant 7 days before the period. If you miss the period, do a pregnancy test. If negative, repeat 1 and 2 weeks later.

Dr. Shiao-Yu Lee
Dr. Shiao-Yu Lee
Dr. Adam Levy