I take 210mg of Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) every morning per my doc. I tolerate this dose no problem, why does it worry ppl?

Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: High dose

Because that is 3x the typical maximum dose.

In brief: High dose

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: State of the art

Your doctor is practicing state of the art treatment for adhd.
The practice standards specify using whatever dose is necessary to normalize function as long as its well tolerated. The actual number of milligrams is irrelevant. You tolerate that dose well so no problem as long as your adhd is fixed. Too many ppl are caught up in numbers without knowing the treatment paradigm correctly, ignore them.

In brief: State of the art

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. William Holmes
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Unusual Dose

The maximum recommended dose of Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) is 70mg per day.
I personally have prescribed somewhat higher doses on rare occasions but nowhere near the dose you are taking. That is why people are concerned.

In brief: Unusual Dose

Dr. William Holmes
Dr. William Holmes
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine)

Usually, max. Recommended daily dose is 70 mg.
Taken once daily, however in adults who have high metabolism or who take medicines that lower efficacy of vyvanse, (lisdexamfetamine) dose can be higher, as long as they monitor their heart and liver functions. I have used daily doses of up to 180 mg., divided in 3 doses (am, noon & 4 pm. Advise consulting your pcp for workup.

In brief: Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine)

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Eric Weisman