Does adding welbutrin to Prozac (fluoxetine) help with orgasm in a woman?

Dr. Paul Pancner
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Augmentation not

Although wellbutrin (bupropion) is not known to cause sexual side effects, ssri's are all notorius for this side effect.
The delay in climax in men is usually not a bad thing, in woman in tends to more undesirable due to yhe inability to achieve orgasm. I have not found any med that counteracts ssri side effect.

In brief: Augmentation not

Dr. Paul Pancner
Dr. Paul Pancner
Dr. Michael Sinclair

In brief: It might

Wellbutrin (bupropion) has been used off label to try to reduce problems with orgasm related to Prozac and other ssri medication.
It does not always work, but nothing in medicine always works. If you are having problems having an orgasm and you are on prozac, talk to your doctor.

In brief: It might

Dr. Michael Sinclair
Dr. Michael Sinclair