Could the reason be why the pregnancy test were negative because they where from dollar tree?

Dr. Scott Roseff
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Very possibly
I would not rely on dollar store pregnancy tests.

In brief: Very possibly
Dr. Scott Roseff
Dr. Scott Roseff
Dr. Louis Krenn
In brief: No
No, the source of the pregnancy test should have no bearing on how accurate it is.

In brief: No
Dr. Louis Krenn
Dr. Louis Krenn
Dr. Christopher Dowd
In brief: I suppose
It's probably more likely that your urinary levels of HCG were not yet elevated enough to be detected.
The over-the-counter tests aren't always as sensitive as tests at your doctor's office, but even those usually take several days after you're late to turn positive. Best to recheck 1-2 wks later if you're late for your period & suspect you might be pregnant. In any case-congratulations!

In brief: I suppose
Dr. Christopher Dowd
Dr. Christopher Dowd
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham