I was given prednisone for 3 mo. & my digestive system is compromised gurgling throat, swallowing hurts sometimes, constant indigestion, help!?

Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Check for fungus/ulc
Check for candida fungal infection or ulcer.

In brief: Check for fungus/ulc
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
In brief: The doctor can help
Prednisone's goal is to suppress the immune system, in order to decrease or stop inflammation.
However, that allows microorganisms like yeast, bacteria, or fungi to grow more easily - meaning one can get oral thrush from the mouth and throat, down into the esophagus (must get medicine). Prednisone also weakens the stomach lining, so acid disease and stomach ulcers can form (must get treated, too).

In brief: The doctor can help
Dr. Vicken Poochikian