How long should you wait to drink alcohol after taking hydrocodene ?

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management

In brief: Hydrocodone and alco

Simply put when you take any opioid you should not drink alcohol, drive or operate machinery.
From a safety point of view i would wait 24 hrs from the last pill taken before taking alcohol. Different md's have different views - i tend to be a little more strict and cautious.

In brief: Hydrocodone and alco

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Pain Management

In brief: Shouldn't mix at all

The combination of alcohol and opioids can be lethal - or at least make you a "cheap date.
" there is sometimes no way to predict how the two will interact together. Though one might expect the hydrocodone to be out of your system in 6 hours, I have had some patients feel like the medicine lasts for 12-24 hours. To be safe, best not to take on same day at all.

In brief: Shouldn't mix at all

Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Dr. Eric Weisman