I moved my neck and I think I pulled a muscle in my lower head if thats possible. It hurts and im kind of worried?

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: See below
The muscles from the spine are all functionally linked from the back of the head all the way down to the sacrum in the lower back.
So it is possible to pull a muscle in the neck and affect the back. In the vast majority of cases, these pulled muscles get better without any treatment. If it is not going away after 7-14 days or getting worse, see your doctor.

In brief: See below
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Elliot Schnur
In brief: More of a nuisance
Hopefully just pulled a muscle.
If you have focal pain in the neck but there is no radiation of pain into the arm or numbness and tingling in the arm or hand, then hopefully it's just a minor sprain. Common measures to treat it include mild analgesic pain medication like tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen, hot compresses or heating pad, and rest. If the pain is persistent or worsens you should see your physici.

In brief: More of a nuisance
Hopefully just pulled a muscle.
Dr. Elliot Schnur
Dr. Elliot Schnur
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine