How many teeth do one-year-olds typically have?

In brief: Anywhere 0 to 10...

6 on average.

In brief: Anywhere 0 to 10...

6 on average.
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Pamela Asseff
The front center teeth and lateral incisors come in about 6-10 months. The first molars come in at about 1 year
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dentistry

In brief: About 8

A typical one year old has 4 maxillary and 4 mandibular incisors.
The rates of eruption varies so some children have more teeth and some less. When the child is nearing their 3rd birthday all primary teeth , 20 in all, should be present.

In brief: About 8

Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Aaron Cregger
Dentistry

In brief: Range

Baby teeth erupt or push through the gums between 6 months and 30 months, both of my boys at one had 8 teeth, but in my practice I have witnessed more and less teeth at the same age.
If you child has more or less i wouldnt stress i would start taking them to the dentist at one and express your concerns, your dentist can tell you if you need to worry upon examination.

In brief: Range

Dr. Aaron Cregger
Dr. Aaron Cregger
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: The rule of thumb

is that for every 6 months of life, approximately 4 baby teeth will erupt.
Normally the first tooth erupts between ages 5 to 12 months.

In brief: The rule of thumb

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Ronald Hsu
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: Varies greatly

There is a wide range of normal.
Typically it would be between 8 to 12 teeth, but I have seen as few as none, and as many as 16 that were all considered normal. This is from my experience of having seen a few thousand kids in my 9.5 years of being a pediatric dentist.

In brief: Varies greatly

There is a wide range of normal.
Dr. Ronald Hsu
Dr. Ronald Hsu

In brief: From none to many

Teeth eruption is quite a variable process.
I have seen as many as 2 at birth and a few normal kids with none until 15 months. Some referances say to expect 1 by four months & 1 per month thereafter (or 9-10 at a year). The primary 20 are usuall all in by three.

In brief: From none to many

Dr. Jeffrey Krantz
Dentistry

In brief: Varies

One- do not worry.
The "book" says anywhere from 2-8. My own children did not have teeth until they were one and only one or two at that age. Just like the freshman in high school who looked 21 years old, and the senior who looked like they were in eighth grade, people develop differently. Do not worry about it.

In brief: Varies

One- do not worry.
Dr. Jeffrey Krantz
Dr. Jeffrey Krantz
Dr. Dave Burns
Dentistry

In brief: 6-12

Most infants have upper and lower anterior incisors and 12 month molars so 12 possible.
Girls develop quicker so more teeth earlier than boys.

In brief: 6-12

Dr. Dave Burns
Dr. Dave Burns
Dr. Vicken Poochikian