For the last several months, I will often miss a menstrual cycle, or several, and then when I do get a period, I get another directly after it, help?

Dr. Louis Krenn
In brief: Many possibilities
This could be a result of several different issues and it greatly depends on your age and overall health.
For young women this can be completely normal. Sometimes the decision is made to regulate the periods with birth control pills for a few months. In older women, this can be seen as a sign of early menopause. Other medical conditions, life stress, and physical stress can do this as well.

In brief: Many possibilities
Dr. Louis Krenn
Dr. Louis Krenn
In brief: See your doc
It sounds like you are not ovulating regularly, which can be caused by many different conditions.
You ob/gyn can help you figure this out and make a plan to regulate your cycles, or eliminate them entirely.

In brief: See your doc
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Jane Van Dis