Can they identify a specific brand name pill in a urine drug screen?

Two types. Of urine drug screen tests. When you hand your urine over, the first test is an immunoassay "dip" test most of the time. This test only looks broadly for the classes of different drugs in your urine, i.e. Benzodiazepines, marijuana, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, ecstacy, etc. If this test is positive for a drug, a GC/MS test can be performed to identify exact drugs present. GC/MS tells all! .
Urine screen. Screen identifies group of drugs, such as barbiturates or opiates narcotics, etc., not specific brand medicine.