What is ultrasonic liposuction; is it just a marketing brand or name?

Dr. Stan Castor
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Better than reg lipo

Ultrasonic liposuction uses sound waves to break up and melt fat as opposed to regular liposuction which is all back and forth mechanical motion to break up the fat.
Ultrasonic lipo is not just marketing, it is a legitimately different technique which I use every day to reduce fatty deposits on practically any area of the body.

In brief: Better than reg lipo

Dr. Stan Castor
Dr. Stan Castor
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Technology.

This refers to a type of liposuction technology using ultrasound waves to “break up” fat deposits.
In my opinion, much more important than the specific technology used (when it comes to the surgical outcome or “effectiveness” of the procedure) is the surgeon using the “tool”.

In brief: Technology.

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Jason Lichten
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Another option

There are many different options for treating the area under the chin and neck.
Ultrasonic liposuction is one option that can provide excellent results in the right patient and with the right surgeon. There are many doctors who are not trained in plastic surgery or dermatology who have "gotten into the liposuction business". Make sure your surgeon has taken more than a weekend course.

In brief: Another option

Dr. Jason Lichten
Dr. Jason Lichten
Dr. Suman Das
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Neither

It is a technique or a process to break down fat with ultrasonic wave causing less bleeding.

In brief: Neither

Dr. Suman Das
Dr. Suman Das