I read that in the united states more people die from medical errors than for traffic accidents. True?

Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Deaths due med error
Yes it is true, acoording to different statistics, there is no dout more people die of preventable medical errors than traffic accidents.
Approximately more than 100, 000 people die from medical errors in us.And approx just over 40000 die from traffic accidents.

In brief: Deaths due med error
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Pathology
In brief: I can't agree
The study that shows "100,000 deaths per year from medical error" looked at computer-generated accounts that detect possible drug interactions, and if there was a single one, it assumed the cause of death was the interaction.
In our era of polypharmacy, this is totally out of touch with reality. It was the product of an anti-doctor, ivory-tower think tank. Sorry you were troubled.

In brief: I can't agree
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery