How to evaluate a patient's need to undergo total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy?

Dr. John Geisler
Gynecology - Oncology

In brief: Indications

There are many indications for a total abdominal hysterectomy with removal of both tubes and ovaries.
Cancer and precancers are obvious ones. Symptomatic fibroids is another indication. Failed endometrial ablation, prolapse, and endometriosis are other reasons.

In brief: Indications

Dr. John Geisler
Dr. John Geisler
Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: Depends on what your

Problem is and what your body type and medical condition is.
Many problems can now be treated by not doing a hysterectomy. I do most of mine through the laparoscope of the robot, or vaginally. Also I do many ablations in my office which is a procedure where i put a balloon ij heh uterus ( takes 8 minutes) and it gets rid of the endometrial tissue so no more or very light bleeding after so no tah.

In brief: Depends on what your

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham