Trying to figure out what happened. Did the doctor give my preemie theophylline or theo-dur?

Theophylline. Theophylline and caffeine are two "stimulant" medications that a neonatologist may use to improve the breathing pattern in a premi with apnea. Theo-dur is the name of the same drug packaged and used as an oral medication for older kid or adult asthma. It is seldom used today since their are alternative meds with fewer side effects.
They could have. Theophylline is a respiratory stimulant that can help premature neonates avoid apnea episodes.