Recovery from tarsal tunnel release takes about how long?

It really depends. There are different methods to perform this procedure, some more involved then others. Even the size of the incision can be highly variable, the larger the incision, the more dissection. So there are clear variables.
Upto a year. Tarsal tunnel syndrome is a compression neuropathy in which the tibial nerve is compressed as it travels through the tarsal tunnel. Patients complain of numbness in the foot radiating to the big toe and the first three toes, pain, burning, shooting sensations, and tingling over the base of the foot and the heel. Long standing problem takes longer to recover even up to a year.