What is the treatment for thrush?

Dr. Marcus Degraw
In brief: Oral Nystatin
Babies are treated with oral nystating drops.
This is applied with a dropper and then massaged into the cheeks, lips and gums with a clean finger. The medication is used for 7 days or until the lesions resolve plus a couple of days.

In brief: Oral Nystatin
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. David Kam
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Candida infection
The first line of treatment will be Nystatin swish and swallow.
Diflucan (fluconazole) and other system antifungal medication could be used if Nystatin fails or cause unpleasant side effects. If the condition is triggered by antibiotic, stopping it will help. See your primary care doctor!

In brief: Candida infection
Dr. David Kam
Dr. David Kam
Dr. Arthur Torre
Pediatrics - Allergy & Asthma
In brief: Antifungals
Since thrush is cause by the yeast candida, a type of fungus, it is treated with an antifungal medication like Nystatin or Fluconazole depending on the age of the child.

In brief: Antifungals
Dr. Arthur Torre
Dr. Arthur Torre
Dr. David Martin
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Candidiasis
I like to use Clotrimazole troches.
I find they work much better than all of the other treatments out there. Feel better.

In brief: Candidiasis
I like to use Clotrimazole troches.
Dr. David Martin
Dr. David Martin