How can I lower my hemoglobin A1c levels?

Dr. Richard Scofield
Internal Medicine - Diabetology

In brief: Improve blood sugar

The way to improve your hga1c is to improve your average blood sugar.
Work to keep your fasting blood sugars near normal and watch your diet carefully so that the rise in blood sugar after a meal is not too high.

In brief: Improve blood sugar

Dr. Richard Scofield
Dr. Richard Scofield
Dr. Michael Engel
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Hgb A1c is a marker

Of steady state blood glucose, and is formed spontaneously by nucleophilic attack of the b-globin n-terminal amino group on the anomeric carbon (aldehyde carbon) of glucose.
Following a chemical rearrangement (an amadori rearrangement), the modification on hemoglobin is "locked in". The best way to lower is to control your blood sugar consistently through time. It will fall as rbcs turnover.

In brief: Hgb A1c is a marker

Dr. Michael Engel
Dr. Michael Engel