What kind of scar treatment is available out there?

Many options. Scars mature and can continue to improve for up to a year. They are sun-sensitive and may become hyperpigmented with sun exposure. The best way to treat a scar depends on the scar. Options include silicone gel, silicone sheeting, use of filler (for spot or crater-like scars), laser therapy, hydroquinone, dermabrasion, or kenalog (triamcinolone) injection, or surgical scar revision. See your plastic surgeon.
Can try these. Mederma and vit e gel caps used as topical treatments can potentially help decrease scarring. Both are available over-the-counter.