What is a healthy diet if you have gestational diabetes?

One That's Balanced. Carbs are necessary, but too much of anything isn't good. Work with a dietician to find out how to eat a diet that balances the correct amount of carbs (brown wheat/grains are better because they will not increase the blood sugar as much as white), proteins and fat. Avoid simple sugars (ice cream, sugar etc.) and white flour when possible.
Paleo diet/low carb. Completely high carb foods (grains, lentils, potatoes based items). Also avoid milk protein since it causes insulin resistance. Low carb foods: eggs, fish, meats, vegetables, avocados, some saturated fat (butter, coconut oil), olive oil are very effective. This helps avoid meds. Read more on: https://www. Kaushikmd. Com/get-started/ https://www. Kaushikmd. Com/category/recipe/
Eat whole foods. Simple sugars and processed carbs should be avoided or limited. This includes any flour product. The fine grind makes absorption quick, and spikes your blood sugar which increases Insulin and promotes weight gain. Good fats such as olive oil and coconut oil are fine in sensible amounts. Eat a rainbow of organic vegetables and 3-4 oz protein with each meal 5 hours apart.