Can spontaneous pneumothorax occur after pleurodesis?

Unfortunately yes. There are different techniques to treat spontaneous pneumothorax (sp). On average, a vats pleuradesis that uses talc application has over 90-95% success rate in primary sp. This means, even after aggressive surgical and chemical pleuradesis, there may be up to 10% of individuals that suffer recurrence.
Yes, occasionally. Although pleurodesis can reduce the chances of a life threatening pneumothorax, depending on how well the lung adheres to the chest wall after pleurodesis you can still get spontaneous pneumothoraces.