Is a pdd-nos patient susceptible to food allergies more than regular people are?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: We don't know

Every alternative "healer" except most doctors who went to medical school - they call us allopathic physicians - seems to think so.
We allopathic physicians prefer statistics to anecdote & are less convinced. I test every child with ppd-nos for food allergies whose parents request it & find it no more frequently than in kids without ppd. But there is nothing wrong in trying an elimination diet.

In brief: We don't know

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger

In brief: No

There is no correlation between ppd-nos and the development or.Or risk for allergies.
A family history of asthma, allergies, and eczema make it more likely for children to develop allergies.

In brief: No

Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Jack Hinkle