I am having a partial knee replacement, what pain and suffering to expect?

Minimal. Partial knee replacement done well should be mild to moderately painful for about a week. By two weeks it should be tapering off. The pain is far less than total knee replacement if done well and with minimal incisions. Post op therapy is very minimal for partial knee replacements. The key to success is precision installation. Look into robotic installation which can be done minimally invasive.
Knee replacement . The issue is not the pain ( that will go away ). The issue is your rehab, rehab is all on you. No pain no gain. The harder you work at it the better the outcome. Got to do it on your own (therapist are there to tell you what to do, you have to do it by yourself over & over& over at home many times a day by yourself. Allow a full year to get accustom to the new knee good luck.