With a neck mri, could braces on your teeth, and teeth fillings, stop you from getting the study?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: You could have MRI

With braces and filling in the teeth.

In brief: You could have MRI

With braces and filling in the teeth.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Probably OK

"silver" tooth fillings and stainless steel braces are non-magnetic metal devices.
Probably not affected by, or causative of affect to, mri. Has never been a problem for any of my patients. However, check with the radiologist who will take the MRI just to make sure.

In brief: Probably OK

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Shawn Murray
Dentistry

In brief: MRI and braces

It really depends on the specific area that they are imaging.
Sometimes braces need to be removed and sometimes not. Ask the doctor requesting the MRI what his or her preference is. Fillings rarely interfere with mri's.

In brief: MRI and braces

Dr. Shawn Murray
Dr. Shawn Murray
Dr. Shontae Buffington