With a neck mri, could braces on your teeth, and teeth fillings, stop you from getting the study?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: You could have MRI
With braces and filling in the teeth.

In brief: You could have MRI
With braces and filling in the teeth.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Probably OK
"silver" tooth fillings and stainless steel braces are non-magnetic metal devices.
Probably not affected by, or causative of affect to, mri. Has never been a problem for any of my patients. However, check with the radiologist who will take the MRI just to make sure.

In brief: Probably OK
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Shawn Murray
Dentistry
In brief: MRI and braces
It really depends on the specific area that they are imaging.
Sometimes braces need to be removed and sometimes not. Ask the doctor requesting the MRI what his or her preference is. Fillings rarely interfere with mri's.

In brief: MRI and braces
Dr. Shawn Murray
Dr. Shawn Murray
Dr. Cindy Juster