Can increasing physical activity help gestational diabetics?

Dr. Janet Greenhut
Preventive Medicine
In brief: If exercise approved
People with diabetes are generally advised to be physically active to help control their blood sugar.
It is also usually advised to do moderate exercise if you're pregnant. But before you start, talk to your doctor about what kind of exercise is best for you and how much you should do so your blood sugar is stable. Low-impact aerobic activity, like walking, is usually recommended during pregnancy.

In brief: If exercise approved
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
In brief: Absolutely
Exercise is always part of the plan when it comes to diabetes.
I would just make sure with the ob, in case there are circumstances with your pregnancy that may require you limit your physical activties.

In brief: Absolutely
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Shabbir Hossain