Can a mentoplasty procedure be done by using local anesthesia without general anesthesia?

Yes, but. I suspect you would prefer some sedation as well. I don't think a general anesthetic would be required. Talk to you physician.
Maybe. Mentoplasty can be done by inserting an implant on top of the chin bone under local or general anesthesia. It can also be done by cutting and advancing the chin bone. This requires a general anesthesia.
Mentoplasty. The answer really depends on how involved the planned surgery will be. If its straight forward then yes local anesthesia is quite fine, if there is going to be any work on the mandible then perhaps you may need sedation or general. Discuss with the surgeon and then decide.