Can lupus anticoagulant be detected before a miscarriage occurs? Can you get rid of the anticoagulant?

Yes. Maybe. Lupus anticoagulant can be diagnosed by a blood test, and in women with recurrent miscarriages, it can be treated with Heparin and aspirin. But not everyone with lupus anticoagulant has recurrent miscarriages. Some people may have natural protective factors. And most people with one miscarriage will have a normal work-up & normal next pregnancy. So we usually test for it after 2 miscarriages.