What can you expect after a diabetic retinopathy surgery?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Depends

It depends on what type of surgery one had.
Was it for a hemorrhage or retinal detachment? I will guess that the best of outcome in any type of surgery would be slowing the progression of the disease. There may be some improvement in vision, but this is hard to predict, again depending on the condition and the type of surgery and the presence of other comorbidities.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Richard Scartozzi
Ophthalmology - Retinal Surgery

In brief: Need more info

What kind of surgery: laser, vitrectomy with or without gas injection, etc.
? What was the exact diagnosis: vitreous hemorrhage, diabetic macular edema, prolifertive diabetic retinopathy, etc.?

In brief: Need more info

Dr. Richard Scartozzi
Dr. Richard Scartozzi