Is it true that obese people cannot have a laparoscopic gallbladder removal?

In brief: NO

It is done routinely.

In brief: NO

It is done routinely.
Dr. George T Tsai
Dr. George T Tsai
Dr. J. Roth
Laparoscopic surgery is more advantageous in obese patients as it reduces wound complications compared to open procedures. Laparoscopic surgery can be more complicated in obese patients. There is more to consider than just BMI when deciding whether a patient is a candidate for laparoscopic surgery.
Dr. Loki Skylizard
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: NO

I concur with dr tsai.
Weight in and of itself is generally not contraindication to minimally invasive approaches to surgery. Patients with extremes of weight may be at increased risk of wound complications from open/larger incision approaches. The choice of surgical approach is one that should be based on complete review of risk factors and determination of safest and best risk/benefit ratio.

In brief: NO

I concur with dr tsai.
Dr. Loki Skylizard
Dr. Loki Skylizard
Dr. Steven Seres