Can epoetin cause vision changes in a hemodialysis patient with diabetic retinopathy?

Dr. Damien Luviano
Ophthalmology
In brief: Depends
Dialysis can change the osmolarity of blood.
The osmolarity of the jelly like substance inside the eye and lens can also change. These changes create a flux of fluid out of these tissues. These changes the anatomy of this lens system. So prescription of eye changes. These changes are temporary and not occur each time of dialysis or everyone.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Damien Luviano
Dr. Damien Luviano
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: Blurred vision
Epoetin does not cause blurred vision.
I would suspect other causes for the blurred vision such as diabetic retinopathy, cataract, dry eye, or other issues. The patient should see an eye doctor as soon as possible.

In brief: Blurred vision
Epoetin does not cause blurred vision.
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Adam Smith