I had endovenous laser treatment (evlt) complications. Who do I see?

Dr. Joel Gotvald
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: EVLT Complications
Depends on who did the treatment & what the complication was.
If a vascular surgeons performed your treatment, then they should be able to deal effectively with any complication. Blood clot or vein damage complications are typically best treated by a vascular surgeon, and there is a chance you may need catheter thrombolysis to dissolve the clot. Treat the complication as soon as possible.

In brief: EVLT Complications
Dr. Joel Gotvald
Dr. Joel Gotvald
Dr. Douglas Joyce
Complications of ELVT are very rare. Usually they are change in sensation due to nerve irritation or a thrombosis or blood clot. Sensation changes or numbness will usually resolve over time. A blood clot in veins under the skin is best treated with moist heat and drugs like Advil. A deep clots presents as leg swelling and calf pain and requires immediate medical care by a Dr.
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology
In brief: The one who treated
Complications of any procedure are always difficult.
They are hard on the patient and, believe it or not, they are also hard on the treating physician. I suggest that you return to the physician who performed the procedure and let him or her know about what has happened. Except for you, there is no one else in the world who is more interested in seeing things resolve than the treating doctor.

In brief: The one who treated
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery