Heard about quality of the nomad handheld dental xray machine?

Dr. Don Millner
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Excellent 3 years!!

I believe the the nomad was the first handheld fda approved "x-ray" device.
I have used it for 3 years. It is convenient , potable, cost effective (one unit can be enough for an entire office) takes excellent pictures and incredibly safe (low radiation digital) to the patient and health care provider!

In brief: Excellent 3 years!!

Dr. Don Millner
Dr. Don Millner

In brief: Not much

The handheld unit produces radiation to expose dental radiographs.
My understanding is that you can use it for either digital exposures or film exposures. As long as proper radiation safety protocols are followed for the patient and the operator, no problems should be expected. I can only note that the quality of the radiograph exposed depends on following recommended settings for exposures.

In brief: Not much

Dr. Willis Hardesty
Dr. Willis Hardesty
Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry

In brief: I Use it often

I have had one for three years and i really enjoy it for multiple situations.
Because of the lower emitance of radiation i would have to say that the clarity for diagnosing decay is less than more traditional devises but still good. For the semi-compliant child and for endodontics and for portability, the nomad is really great.

In brief: I Use it often

Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards