Is a breast symptom usually a sign for breast cancer?

Usually? no, but... Most breast issues are not breast cancer. When all diagnoses are considered, breast cancer is not that common. However, if you give weight to those diagnoses you worry about, breast cancer becomes more prominent. Much depends on the breast symptom, age, genetic history, time from last mammogram, and physical exam. Please ask your OB to examine this issue.
Depends. A symptom is what you the patient experience, a sign is what the physician finds. Some early breast cancers do not present with any symptoms (i.e. Calcification on a mammogram). A common symptom is a painless mass. You should be aware of any change or abnormality in your breast by performing self exams every month. Please contact your doctor is something feels different.