What is the treatment for constipation?

In brief: Most of the time...

...High-fiber foods and plenty of water. Trouble is, most fiber tastes bad or has a bad texture.
There are artificial fiber preparations that are tasteless, and can be added to any drink without making it unpalatable, but bran and bananas are still my favorites.

In brief: Most of the time...

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anthony Filly
Miralax is also good but agree, proper diet is best
Dr. Laura Webb

In brief: Water, fiber, meds

There are many levels of treatment for constipation and the initial treatment can depend on the age of your child.
Many times increasing both water and fiber intake will be recommended. Getting on a regular toileting regimen is also helpful. Prune and pear juice may help. If all of these treatments are not working talk to your doctor about medicines like MiraLAX (polyethylene glycol) which can help soften the stool.

In brief: Water, fiber, meds

Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Shontae Buffington