Is bone removal from your nose considered plastic surgery?

Nasal bone removal. Bone removed from the inside of your nose to straighten the septum or open the nasal airway by operating on the turbinates is considered functional surgery. Removing a bony hump or straightening the outside of the nose by removing nasal bone is considered plastic surgery.
Depends. If the removal of bone is performed as part of cosmetic surgery to alter the appearance of your exernal nose, then it is considered plastic surgery. However, the nasal septum has a bony portion and removal of that structure is being performed to improve the physiological function of your nose (improved breathing). If the latter is the case, that is not considered cosmetic surgery.
Depends. If the bone removal is or cosmetic purposes most would consider it plastic surgery. If purely functional, it depends on the specific indication and surgery.
Can be. Removal of a bony bump on the nose is considered cosmetic surgery unless the bump occurred secondary to a broken nose. Then, insurance may cover the removal.
Yes. Nose surgery is one of the most commonly performed surgeries in the us, according to the 2011 statistics released by the asps. Find a board certified plastic or facial plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation.