What does having hepatitis C virus antibody (anti hcv) mean to you?

HCV antibody. It indicates that you've been exposed to the hcv. You should be evaluated by a gastroenterologist or infectious disease specialist.
Risk of cirrhosis. Not everyone with a positive hcv anthony has chronic hepatitis. The diagnosis must be confirmed with a riba or hcv RNA test. Hepatitis c increases your risk of cirrhosis and liver cancer. A liver biopsy indicates the degree of liver damage and whether treatment is needed. Hepatitis c treatment continues to improve, and the condition is often curable.