What health problems are associated with type 2 diabetes?

Many. It is associated with kidney problems (diabetic nephropathy), eye problems (diabetic retinopathy), nerve problems (diabetic neuropathy), vascular disease (includes heart attacks, strokes, circulation problems) and stomach/intestine problems (gastroparesis). It is also associated with slow wound healing, and with altered glucose (sugar) levels, an extreme example of which is diabetc ketoacidosis.
See below. Type 2 diabetes is typically a chronic disease associated with a ten-year-shorter life expectancy.[4] this is partly due to a number of complications with which it is associated, including: two to four times the risk of cardiovascular disease, including ischemic heart disease and stroke; a 20-fold increase in lower limb amputations, and increased rates of hospitalizations.