Does type 2 diabetes mean you have high or low blood sugar?

High. Type 2 is associated with Insulin resistance where your body is have trouble removing glucose out of your blood stream. Sort of a like trying to get into a house that's locked. This eventually leads to elevated blood glucose.
High. High. The word diabetes mellitus means you have diabetes. The types depend on whether your were born without the ability to produce Insulin or use Insulin your do produce (type 1) or whether you developed the ability to produce enough insulin, or you developed a resistance to Insulin effects (and became intolerant to carbohydrates) some time later in life (type ii).