What is benefit of an extra soft tooth brush for adults?

They clean better. Soft toothbrushes clean better and won't damage exposed roots. The bristles of soft tooth brushes are able to bend and get into the nooks and crannies of your teeth and gums. I you have any root exposed, soft tooth brushes won't damage the root as will medium or hard brushes.
Less trauma to gums. A extra soft brush will remove the plaque but is less likely to damage exposed roots or the gingiva (gums). An electric brush with a soft head is your best bet for exceptional cleaning with low incidents of trauma to teeth or tissue.